Sunday, January 17, 2010

Mmm Sunday Mornings :o)

Sunday Mornings are my second favorite time of the week (first being, naturally, Friday afternoon). Sunday morning reminds me to relax. I know most people spend their Sunday mornings in church, which is definitely fine by me and I understand. But I just love to spend my Sunday mornings doing stuff for me. I'm sure it seems guilty but it's one of the few times that I just do stuff for me. Generally on Sunday's Dad and I (and sometimes Mom when she decides to grace us with her presence) get bagels. Which is great, because it's such a good, hearty, breakfast that I normally don't snack as much during the day (I get a bagel sandwich). Then whether I'm home, or at my apartment, I come back and I do stuff that I just enjoy doing. Sometimes it's surfing the web, sometimes it's watching Law & Order, sometimes it's making coffee/tea and reading a magazine.. but I do stuff that I just LIKE to do. Stuff that relaxes me.


You know the saying that there's "Always a calm before the storm" that's the way I see Sunday mornings. They're that time to fully kind of recoop, give in to any guilty pleasures, and simply be. They're that span of a couple hours that gets your mind ready to tackle all it needs to in the coming week.


What's your favorite time of the week? Why? :) Let me know!

No comments: