Sunday, February 21, 2010

Revlon 12 Hour Color Stay Review

Hello lovellllies :) So I have just a quick product review for ya'all. For Valentine's Day my momma bought both my sister and I some nonperils and gave us each a few dollars (who says you have to ever really grow up?). Anyway, I thought I'd get some new eye makeup because all my makeup falls in the pinks/browns/oatmeal color range. So I wanted to go with something a little different and I picked Revlon's 12 Hour Color Stay in "14 Nude Elements"
 My friend Callison (http://www.youtube.com/callisonannee - go go go she's very close to 1,000 now) actually suggested that swatching on paper might be a good idea... that way skin tone doesn't affect how you perceive a color. Anyway, I did them backwards from the package. The bottom is the top color in the package, and the top swatch is the bottom color (woops). As you can see you can't really see the 'high-light' on the paper but I can tell you it is a very pretty white. Anyway, I tried this pallette earlier today and I liked it because it was very 'satiny' if you know what I mean. Also, I liked that it has a little shimmer in it without being glittery. I also really liked that they worked the steel-ish color into the palette.

Overall I give it 4 stars. :) There's no reason it doesn't get five stars, it just doesn't go that 'above and beyond' that I would except from a five star product. If you're interested I got mine at Target for $5.04. They have a ton of other different shades (they have a 'new' one for spring called wild-flower and it's pretty). Definitely go check it out if you're looking for something inexpensive and new. :)

No comments: