Friday, January 4, 2013

It's only 9:30AM....

It's only 9:30AM but I already have so much to happy about and thankful for since I updated yesterday. I know not every day will be easy but I figure I should capitalize on the happy things in my life.

- Last night I finished the second book in the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. It was a fun read that has me looking forward to the next, and final, book in the trilogy.
- This morning I got out of the shower to hear my car on and a scraping noise. No, someone wasn't breaking into the house and stealing my car, Zach had defrosted my windows and scraped the ice off. God has definitely blessed me with a thoughtful husband.
- I weighed myself this morning and have somehow maintained my weight since last Monday, and didn't gain weight even though I ate like a piggy on new years eve.
- I get to go home tonight and relax for the next two days. I know that might not seem like a lot but we've been running around inessantly for the last 6-7 weeks, and starting in the next week or two I will start working Saturdays again for tax season. So two days of relaxation? PERFECT.
-  My mentor told me yesterday afternoon that if I get my hours in and don't have anything that needs to get out the door PRONTO I don't have to work on my birthday. Being an accountant with a birthday in tax season, that's no small feat.
- I painted my nails Sunday night, and even though I've worked 4 days this week (which tends to chip them becuase of all the typing) they still look almost near perfect.

Though I am trying to be positive, I think I just need to say this. I am really sad that I've lost my best friend. She made some awful choices, and I don't waiver for a second in thinking I made the right decision, but it's still sad. Losing your best friend of over a decade is never easy, but especially when so many of my other friends have moved out of town and into bigger cities... my support system jsut feels a lot smaller right now. And now that I've said that much, I'm going ot try and move on. I can't change the actions of another person so I shouldn't drwell on it.

No comments: