Thursday, May 27, 2010

Updates :)

Okay first of all. I have to admit a little something. I am currently listening to Celine Dion's Christmas music. I know it's like 90 degrees out and humid and bright and sunshiney and no chance of snow in the forecast (Rats... I know how much everyone misses having two feet of snow on the ground) but it is kind of nice and relaxing!

Update #1- I am finally finished the semester!!! I am quite honestly not sure how I made it out alive. It was the most demanding, and stressful semester of my life. Well actually, it was stressful but different kind of stressful than the fall. The fall would have cycles of high, high, high stress followed by periods of relaxation. This spring though (after the snow days) kind of was constantly high stress with periods of spikes in the high stress (with a spike lasting three weeks towards the end of the semester...) **Quick sidenote: Josh Grobon & Celine Dion's duet on the First Noel just came on Pandora, I am in love. Favorite Christmas song ever** Anyway. Somehow... I survived (I get by with a little help from my friends) and finished the semester with a 4.0!!! Yay! :)

Update #2- Kind of related to school, but not really. On the last day of classes my accounting professor held me and 4 other people after class to let us know that we'd been selected to be on the school's "Goodman Accounting Challenge Team" in the Fall (If we wanted to). So- that's pretty exciting. There's a preliminary challenge that's on a Saturday in the fall in Salisbury, which we do and submit online. Then, if we "pass" or something. We go to the "championship" in Richmond, Va. Which I realize sounds kind of nerdy... but it's still exciting. Although.. I think it might be something that only other accounting people find interesting. I dunno- I'm still excited Salisbury has a really good repetition at these competitions (won it for the last handful of years), plus even if we don't win being selected to be on it to begin with is kind of a nice thing.

Update #3- I am going to be a bridesmaid!!!! My childhood best friend Pam came through town this past weekend to ask me! I am so excited the wedding is next May, and we've been friends forever and pretty much started planning our weddings when we were nine. I am sooooo excited :) :) :)!!! So I am going to have to go up to visit her this summer (well ... technically "west") to get the dress! But I am so stoked! From girlscouts to weddings... how cliche and adorable! But seriously, it's going to be beautiful and I can't wait.

Update #4- I now don't start my internship until the 7th of June. Which kind of stinks because I haven't worked in a few weeks so it kind of stresses me out to be so low on cash but I feel like I'd really only use the money to buy myself presents (what.. no one else does... and SOMEONE has to :P) so it's not too big of a deal. Plus it's really nice to have some time off to just read, not think about accounting, and enjoy sleeping in late and such.

Update #5- I weighed myself the other day and since this time last year I've lost 22lbs!!! There's not much else to share n this update I just think it's exciting haha. I don't think I look that different but it's kind of nice to still think that even if my size hasn't changed much I've probably still lost a lot of unhealthy 'fat' and stuff. :)

No comments: