Thursday, March 3, 2011

Is it spring yet?

It's cold, again. It's been so warm lately that I was growing accustomed to not getting a brain freeze on my walk to school in the morning, butttt apparently Jack Frost is back, at least for a few days.

I'm in a cmoputer lab on campus waiting, huddling near a heater, pretending its actually warm, so I thought I'd do a post with some of my favorite things about spring.

Flip flops!!! In case you didn't know I have a love/hate relationship with shoes. In that I love them on their own, but I feel like they make or break the outfit so if you don't have "just" the right pair.. the whole outfits messed up. So I love flip flops for a few reasons. 1) They're so cheap, and available pretty much anywhere. 2) They come in literally every color of the rainbow 3) They're so easy to just slip on and you hardly have to think about WHICH pair to buy.

Oh a nd it doesn't hurt that they show off your newly painted toenails too :)


The Phillies (and most notably Cliff Lee) come back into my life.


The sun is out until later than 5:30 at night. This means that when I get off from work I can go on a walk or a run without the fear of being attacked by vagabonds or criminals. Yep, I just used the word vagabond, you know you're impressed.
Instead of dead leaves or dirty snow, you see wildflowers along the side of the road.


Although it is more typical for summer, starting in spring all of the fresh produce starts to become available. My favorite is when the road side stands start to pop back up.

1 comment:

Jessica Michelle said...

I completely agree. I can't wait til I can wear flip flops without freezing my feet. Won't be too much longer...I hope ! (: